You can customize your Google Chrome browser to enhance your experience in nearly any way. It can remember passwords, correct spelling, and keep your bookmarks in a convenient space.
And, if you find yourself needing a file that you’ve downloaded from your Chrome browser, you can view a list of all of your downloads. This is useful if you don’t know what a certain file is called or if you want to erase a few downloads. The steps to do this are very simple.
1. First, launch Google Chrome. It doesn’t matter what page you are on while you do these steps. You can see your downloads whether you are on your browser’s home screen or viewing a website.
2. Tap the menu in the right corner of your screen. You will usually see them to the right of your account icon.
3. After you tap those vertical dots, a menu of options will appear. About halfway down the menu, you will see an option that says Downloads. Tap that option.
4. You will now be at your list of downloads that you can view. You can use the search bar located at the top of the screen to navigate to the one that you are looking for if you don’t know when you downloaded it. If you would like to open it, tap on the title of the download and it will open on your device.
5. If you want to delete a download, you will need to press Show in Folder which will take you to where it is in your download folder. You can delete it there.
6. There are three vertical dots in the corner of this screen that you can use to do two things: clear all of the downloads or open the downloads folder in your computer. Clearing the downloads do not delete them off of your device.
This merely removes what you have downloaded from the list of downloads on Chrome. Using the Open Downloads option, it will take you to your computer’s download file.
Also, you can use Ctrl+ J on your keyboard to achieve the same result.
You may want to know that the list of downloads displayed here are specific to your device. If you downloaded other things on a different device, do not expect it to show up anywhere besides on the download list of that device.
Where to Find Downloads from Chrome
You can change where Chrome saves your downloads. The default location is in your downloads folder, but you can change this to any folder of your choosing.
1. Click the same three vertical dots on the right side of your screen. Instead of choosing downloads, this time choose Settings.
2. Scroll down until you see a section titled Downloads.
3. Underneath the downloads section, you will see the word Location. Tap the blue Change button next to the location.
4. You will be able to select the folder that you want to change it to and that will be the section that it is saved to.