Apple has recently introduced AirPods and they are absolutely incredible. The usual earphones have been replaced by these AirPods, and the iPhone/iPad users are absolutely chuffed about it. The reason why many users prefer AirPods is them being wireless with astonishingly improved voice quality. Off course, they come for a price, but many believe that they are worth the money.
The problem with wired earphones is the risk of wire getting broken so easily. There is no way you can dodge this bullet even when you use them with extra care. Conversely, AirPods just need regular charging to operate and there are minimal chances of any damage. They offer almost 6 hours of listening time and two hours of talk time on a single charge.
Apple AirPods can be charged by putting them in the charging case and then laying it on a Qi-compatible charging mat. You can also charge them via Lightening port too. There is an LED light indicator which let the users know that their AirPods are charging. Importantly, it is recommended that you always check your AirPods’ battery before leaving for a long journey. Mentioned below are some methods by which you can check the battery:
Most of the people use their AirPods on iPhones. In order to check AirPods Battery, follow these simple steps:
1. Turn on your iPhone’ Bluetooth by swapping up you’re your home screen. You will be able to locate the Bluetooth icon just beside the Wi-Fi icon. Tapping it will enable your Bluetooth.
2. Open the AirPods’ charging case and bring it closer to your iPhone.
3. Tap on the option Connect once it is prompted.
4. You will be able to monitor your AirPods’ battery on your iPhone screen once both are paired via the Bluetooth. AirPods’ battery status will show the percentage at the bottom of your iPhone’s screen.
5. If that doesn’t happen you need to either restart the whole process or bringing charging case further closer to your iPhone. It will take around 5-10 seconds to show the AirPods’ battery on your phone.
6. Also, you can add a battery widget on your screen which will show the battery status of all the Apple devices connected to your phone. To do that, you simply need to go to the widget settings and add Battery to your list of widgets available on the screen.
7. Moreover, you can also find out the battery percentage of each AirPod separately. To do that, wear one of the AirPod and keep the other one in charging case. Your iPhone will show the battery percentage of both the pods separately. It also can show you the percentage of charging case too.
Your AirPods battery status will be available to monitor as long as your iPhone remains paired with it. If this procedure doesn’t work for you then you can troubleshoot both your phone and the AirPods by restarting them.
Using the AirPod Case
As mentioned earlier that AirPods also have a charging case. This case doesn’t only keep them protected, but also charges them super quick. The AirPods usually come with this charging case, but users can buy a charging case separately too. Here is how you can check your AirPods’ battery via the charging case.
1. Open the lid of your charging case and make sure that it is completely open.
2. Now place the AirPods in the charging case.
3. You will instantly see the charging level as soon as you place your AirPods in the case. If nothing happens, pull out one AirPod and then move to the next step.
4. You will be able to see a light; either green or amber between the compartments of AirPods. The green light suggests enough battery while amber suggest that your AirPods won’t last long.
5. Remember, you need to give charging case at least 10 seconds to show you results. Moreover, a charging case without AirPod (s) in it will still show the battery, but it will be its own battery percentage.
On a Mac Book
Since many users use AirPods on Mac Book, here is how Mac Book can assist you in identifying the battery percentage of your AirPods. Follow these steps.
1. Place your AirPods inside the charging case.
2. Bring your charging case closer to your Mac. Make sure the lid of the charging case is completely open
3. Switch on the Bluetooth on your Mac and let it pair with the AirPods.
4. Hover your mouse over the AirPods icon as soon as they appear on the screen.
5. Hovering the mouse will let you monitor the battery percentage of both the case and the AirPods separately.
On Apple Watch
Apple Watches are in trend and most iPhone users have them paired with their iPhones. You can monitor your AirPods’ battery directly on your Apple watch. Make sure that your watch is either paired with the AirPods or the iPhone. Here is how you can do it:
1. Go to the control center of your watch.
2. Swipe up on the watch screen.
3. Tap on the Apple Watch battery icon
4. You will be able to see the battery percentage of your AirPods just below the Watch’ Battery icon.
5. If your AirPod is placed in the charging case then the screen will show the percentage for the charging case and both the AirPods separately.
These are some of the methods which users can utilize to see their AirPods’ battery. However, it is recommended for all the users to be precautious in dealing with their AirPods. For example, you shouldn’t open charging case’ lit too often as doing so can damage the device and charging case’ battery will start draining quickly too.
Moreover, keep your AirPods in the case whenever they are not under your use. It will increase the durability of the product and also keep them ready to use.