Looking at your Android phone can strain your eyes, especially if you have an impairment that you want to take into consideration. If you have a visual impairment or dyslexia, changing the color of your screen might be just what you need.
If you find that the setting that you added to your device is an issue, then it can be frustrating to have to stare at a phone that is unpleasing to look at. Many Android users have that issue when they change their phone to black and white and can’t change it back to color. Here’s how you can make your screen have color again.
1. Launch your Settings app. The icon on most Android devices resembles a gray gear. When you launch this, you’ll be taken to the settings menu. If you can’t find the app icon, you can pull down your notification panel and select the small gear in the upper right corner of the screen.
2. Scroll down the Settings menu and select “Accessibility.”
3. Once you’re on the Accessibility menu, you’ll be faced with a variety of options. From the options, select “Visibility Enhancement” or “Vision.”
4. From the options on the “Visibility Enhancement” menu, select “Color Adjustment.”
5. On the Color Adjustment menu, you’ll need to turn the Color Adjustment off by tapping on the switch on the upper right side of the screen. Once you turn this off, you’ll find that your screen will return to normal.
If you don’t want your screen to change to normal and you have a visual impairment that you want the screen to keep in mind, then you’ll want to change what colors show up and how they show up. This would be an important feature to know about. Here’s what features you can change to help your color blindness. Navigate to the Color Adjustment menu as described above to view all the options that you have.
You’ll want to turn select the Protan setting if you have red- green color blindness. This is for people suffering from protanopia, which means that they have a reduced sensitivity to red light. If you have difficulty seeing red and orange, then you should select this setting.
Turn on the Deutan setting if you have a sensitivity to green light and suffer from deuteranopia. This is for having green- red color blindness, where you have a greater sensitivity to green light and some trouble determining reds.
The Tritan setting is for people who have Tritanopia. This is for people who have trouble seeing blues and yellows.
If you want to personalize the colors that you see, you can do that too. Beneath all of those three options on the Color Adjustment menu, you’ll see a “Personalized Color” option. It’ll have you rearrange the colors in a circle to match what the previous color is. Depending on how you rearranged the color, then this is how it’ll dictate what colors to emphasize.
At the bottom of the screen in the Color Adjustment menu, you’ll see a slider that you can use to increase and decrease the intensity of the colors on your screen.
You should also know that if you’re reading a lot on your device, you should turn on the blue light filter. Launch the Settings menu and tap on Display. Here, you can tap the switch next to the blue light filter option to turn it on. You can also turn on night mode so that your device is darker and wont hurt your eyes.
These are all the ways that you can personalize your device to improve your experience while looking at your screen.