Usernames can be so hard to choose when you open a new account. You may find yourself thinking too hard about what you will choose, and this may be made harder by the requirements that some accounts have for their usernames.
Sometimes when you originally choose a username, you choose the first thing that comes to mind. Your username might be childish, old or just too complicated to remember. On Messenger, you may want to change your username since it’s what people see when they message you. Whatever the case, below you will find how to change your username on Messenger.
1. Open the Messenger app on your phone. The icon is blue and has a white lightning bolt in the middle of it. if you need to search for it, swipe your finger up on an empty part of your screen to reveal a search bar at the top of the screen that you can use to find the app in your phone.
2. Log in if you are not already.
3. The app will open in your Chat section. Locate your profile picture in the upper left corner of your screen. Tap on your circular profile picture.
4. You will now be on your profile page. Here you will need to look for the section header that says Profile underneath your picture and name.
5. Under the Profile section, tap on the icon that says Username with your current username in it. the icon next to it is red with an @ symbol in the middle of it.
6. When you tap your username, you will see a menu pop-up at the bottom of the screen. In that menu, you will need to click on Edit Username at the top of the menu.
7. A line where you can type your new username will appear at the top of the screen. You should choose something that you can remember and something you would be fine with people seeing in you custom Messenger link.
8. Press done in the bottom right corner of the keyboard.