So, you log onto your PC and you open Google Chrome.
You then try to access your Gmail account or YouTube and you notice that you’re in the wrong google account.
This isn’t the account you normally use to browse google chrome, but you don’t know how to change it.
In this article, I’m going to show you how to stop Google from automatically choosing the wrong google account for you.
After following these steps, as soon as you go onto google chrome, you should see that your chosen google account will be set as the default when you look at the top right icon.
In order for Google to stop providing you with the wrong Gmail account, all you simply have to do is to log into the primary google account first, not second or third.
How to Change Default Google Account
- Go onto Google Chrome in a non-private browser
- Click on the Google Account icon in the top right
- Next, click on Each account and Sign Out of all of them
- Click on Sign in at the top right of Google
- Sign into the default google account you want first
- You can sign into the rest if you want
- When you go to google chrome, this will be the default account
This is also the same steps you want to take if you want to change the default Gmail account in Chrome.
When you sign into chrome after opening the browser, the google account you chose in the steps will appear as the default.
After you’ve logged into all of your accounts, you can still switch between any account you want, but the one you set as the default will appear when you restart the Chrome browser.
In the future, I predict that Google will implement a set as default button in Chrome, so you can choose which account will appear first when you sign into chrome.
This will allow you to sign into any of your Google accounts in any order that you want, then after closing the browser, the default account you set will appear first.
How to Change to Gmail Account if you Can’t Log out
Many people are complaining that they can’t log out of Gmail because they’re at work and this email is constantly the default even though they log out and sign into their primary email.
I’m going to show you a way you can fix this.
To change the default Gmail account:
- Click the toolbar at the top right
- Click on Settings
- Click on Clear browsing data
- Check cookies and other site data
- Choose all time and select clear data
- Log out of all google accounts
- Log into your primary google account
- Whenever you open chrome, this should be the default
After doing this, your cooperate email should no longer be the default google account or Gmail account whenever you open the chrome browser.
If this didn’t work, you’ll have to consult the admin of the pc account in order to make this change.
Those are all the steps you need to take in order to change your default Google account in Chrome.
If none of these steps worked for you, comment down below.
If you liked this article, you can share it and subscribe to the email newsletter.