It is understandably a big bummer when you find that your DoorDash driver account has been deactivated. And even worse if you do not know why this has happened.
Naturally, when this happens, your first instinct would be to try to find out if you can create a new driver account or have your previous one reactivated so you can continue earning on DoorDash.
But, can you create another DoorDash account after your current one has been deactivated? Before we answer this question, we believe that it is important to understand why your DoorDash driver account may get deactivated because:
- It will help you to avoid having it happen again in the future
- It will help you understand what options are available to you for having a new account created or having the old one reactivated where applicable.
Can You Make Another DoorDash Account After Being Deactivated?
Yes, you can create a new DoorDash driver account if your existing account has been deactivated. As we explained above, you can only appeal to have your DoorDash account reactivated if it was deactivated for applicable violations. Most of the time, account deactivation is permanent.
So, creating a new DoorDash account is often the only option you have to get back on the platform and start earning again. However, there are conditions that must be met before you can successfully create a new DoorDash account using the same legal identity. We have provided all the details you need below.
How to Make Another DoorDash Account After Being Deactivated
Creating a new DoorDash account is pretty simple and straightforward. We recommend that you do not use any third-party services, applications, or companies to try to create a new DoorDash account.
Follow the steps below to create a new DoorDash account after your current account has been deactivated.
Use A Different Phone Number: When creating a DoorDash account, you are required to enter a phone number. This number will be used as one of your unique identifiers.
If you recall in the DoorDash policies above, you cannot use the same phone number for an account that is already in use.
The same applies to a deactivated account. You cannot use the same phone number on the deactivated to create a new account.
You need to use a different phone number instead. However, you need to make sure that you have access to the new phone number you will be using.
This is because the phone number you use for registration will be used for initial code verification and as your contact number. So, when customers try to reach you, they will use your registered phone number.
Use A Different Email Address: Just as you cannot use the same phone number as the one on the account that was banned, you also cannot use the same email address. The principle is simple: in a database, there is something called primary keys. These are information combinations that no two different accounts can have.
Your email address is another primary ley or unique identifier. So, if you try to reuse the old email, it will be rejected and you will be told that the email address is already in use. If you enter the same email repeatedly, your device IP address may get blacklisted entirely from accessing DoorDash.
Use A Different Home/Contact Address and Zip Code: Another thing you need to do is to ensure that you use a different zip code and address from the one you used on your banned account.
This combination of zip code and address is another unique identifier that cannot be repeated or used for different accounts.
One thing to bear in mind is that the address should be accessible to you. As you may well know, DoorDash will send you a package, so you need to have access to the address to pick up the package or have it delivered to you.
These are the 3 details that you need to make different when creating a new DoorDash driver account.
You can repeat the following details:
- Full Name – you can use the same full name that you used on the banned account. The reason, as much as we know, is that several people can bear the same name and surname, and there is no way to tell who’s who.
- Social Security Number – No two people can have the same social security number so it is strange that you can use the same Social Security Number that you used on the former account. But, as at the time of writing this article, you can indeed use the same SSN twice.
It is possible that DoorDash only uses the SSN to check if it matches your name, and does not keep record of it on their database to check against banned accounts.
- Driver’s Licence – this is another strange one but you sure can use the same driver’s licence that you used on the former DoorDash account. But then again, it is not so strange. Most platforms use driver’s licence as a means to authenticate the full name that you provided. So, as long as the full name you provide matches that on the driver’s licence, you should be good to go.
- Phone – DoorDash does not monitor the phone that you are using. As long as you are using a new phone number for registration, it is okay to use the same mobile phone. Also, the new phone number does not need to be on the phone that you are using for DoorDash.
Note: If your account is deactivated, you need to clear the cache on your DoorDash app before starting a new registration. If you do not do this, some of the information from your banned account will be retained on the app and you will be denied access when you want to enter new details.
The cache is just a temporary memory that stores user and application data. To clear the cache, follow the steps below:
1. Exit the DoorDash app and swipe it away from your recent apps
2. Long-press the DoorDash app
3. Select App Info
4. Select Clear Data
5. Select Clear Cache
6. Confirm to clear the cache when prompted
1. Exit the DoorDash app and swipe it away from your recent apps
2. Navigate to Settings on your device
3. Select General
4. Select iPhone Storage
5. Select DoorDash
6. Select Offload app
7. Confirm the action
8. Select Reinstall app
Once you have cleared the cache, launch the app and use the Sign-Up option to create a new DoorDash driver account following the guide we have provided above.
If you are still having issues entering your details, you could completely uninstall the DoorDash dasher app and install it afresh. To do this:
On Android or iOS:
1. Press and hold the DoorDash app on your phone. On the options that appear, select Uninstall for Android or Remove App for iOS.
2. Confirm to uninstall the app
3. Then, go back to your Play Store or App Store to redownload the app
And that’s it. You can now register a new DoorDash driver account and get back to earning money on the platform.
Why Is My DoorDash Account Deactivated?
Many drivers report that their DoorDash accounts have been deactivated for no apparent reason. Some report that when they reach out to DoorDash for solution, they only get told that they have violated the DoorDash terms of service.
According to DoorDash, here are the main reasons why your DoorDash driver or dasher account may get deactivated:
1. Consistently poor ratings – You are already aware that after every delivery you make as a driver, the consumers rate your performance.
According to DoorDash, if you are consistently late, deliver orders with missing items, or behave unprofessionally/inappropriately towards consumers, you are in danger of getting consistently low ratings from consumers.
And, if your ratings fall below the DoorDash threshold of 4.2, you are subject to account deactivation as long as you have accepted at least 20 orders.
2. Not completing orders – As a driver, you have the right to accept or decline any order that is offered to you. There is no penalty for declining orders.
However, if you accept an order and pick up the order, you must endeavour to complete the delivery of the order. This is called Completion Rate. If your Completion Rate falls below 80%, your account is subject to deactivation
3. Behavorial issues – behavioural issues that DoorDash frown upon include the following:
4. Violence and abusive language. This includes physical and verbal misdemeanour on a consumer, merchant, another driver or even a random member of the public
5. Carrying out delivery-related activities while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
6. Discrimination based on gender, race, colour, sexual orientation, age, profession, or any other basis stipulated under law, directed at consumers, merchants, other drivers, and DoorDash employees.
You may also need to understand what DoorDash regards as sexual harassment. They are listed below:
- Unwanted flirting and sexual advances
- Retaliation or threat of retaliation after a negative response to sexual advances
- Visual misconduct like leering, making sexual gestures, or displaying sexually suggestive objects, pictures, cartoons, posters, or messages
- Verbal misconduct like making or using derogatory comments, epithets, slurs, or sexually explicit jokes; comments about an individual’s body or dress; sexually degrading words; graphic comments; and suggestive or obscene requests, messages, or invitations
- Physical misconduct such as touching, assault, impeding or blocking movements.
7. Unsafe driving. This includes texting and driving, not pulling over before examining or accepting a delivery opportunity, and failing to be conscientious while using navigation apps.
If you are involved in an accident, DoorDash will find out the facts surrounding the accident and deactivate your account if you are found to be at fault
8. Violating local, state, or federal laws of any kind. Also, theft of goods to be delivered, damage to or theft of any third-party property, failure to verify customer ID for orders that are restricted by age, and the use of DoorDash to engage in any unlawful activity
9. If a background check finds something about you that does not meet up to DoorDash standards, your account will be deactivated if you already have access to DoorDash services.
10. Disclosing personal information online or sharing such with a third party except as required by law
11. Manipulating the consumer referral program, the Dasher referral program, Dasher pay promotions or other similar types of programs
12. Giving false information when signing up as a driver on DoorDash, creating multiple accounts, using the same phone number as an account that is already in use, and failing to provide the correct information on the mode of transportation you will use to perform delivery duties
13. Tampering with deliveries and failing to use insulated hot bag for food delivery
14. Indicating a delivery as complete when you did not actually complete it
These main factors can cause your DoorDash driver account to be deactivated. Unfortunately, apart from Rating and Completion Rate, you are unlikely to get any warning before your account is deactivated.
This often makes it hard to figure out what you may have done wrong. You will just get told in-app that your account has been deactivated, followed by an email that is rarely ever detailed.
That is why we have provided the above list to help you narrow down possible reasons why your account may have been deactivated and then avoid them in the future.
But it also helps you understand which of the possible reasons may allow you to get your banned account reactivated.
According to DoorDash, you will be able to appeal your account deactivation. However, this review will only apply to deactivations that were based on violations of your contractor agreement such as abuse, fraud, or violating the safety of the platform.
Any other violation, especially those based on customer ratings and completion rates, will not be open to review.