If your text message or gallery videos are blurry, it can be annoying. There are a few reasons why this happens and ways to fix it.
Situation 1 – Blurry Videos Send to You Via Text
If you use an Android as your phone, you may notice that the video is very blurry when you send someone a video as a text or receive a video through a text. It might be so blurry that you have no clue what is happening in the video.
The video may be clear on your phone in your camera roll, and when you view it in the text you sent, the person you sent it to might struggle to see what is happening. The same can happen when you receive a video through text on your Android.
The person who sent it so you can easily make out the video in their camera roll and text, but you cannot tell what is occurring. This often happens because the video quality is diminished as soon as it is texted.
Maybe you are sending the video or receiving the video in a format that does not work with the other person’s device. There is also a possibility that the video itself is blurry when recorded and then sent.
There are a lot of different explanations as to why these texted videos on Androids are sent in such blurry conditions. Thankfully, there are some easy and quick solutions you can try to make the video viewable.
Whether that be cleaning off the camera that recorded the video, repairing the camera that recorded the video, fixing the lighting, changing the camera setting, updating your phone, restarting your phone, or using other apps to improve the quality, there are plenty of hacks you can try to get the video to no longer be blurry. You will need to understand why the video is blurry on your Android.
1. MMS Has A Strict File Size
Fix – Send It on Other Platforms Like WhatsApp or Google Photo Sharing
When texting on your Android, the MMS messaging platform has a strict file size. If your video goes over this size, which most do, the video will be blurry no matter what. If you are over the file size, sending a clear video is out of the question through MMS on your Android.
There are other apps, however, that you can send the video through. Two of the most popular ones are WhatsApp and Google Photo Sharing.
Both apps offer free sharing without file size restrictions, so you can share your video or receive a video in better quality. To use WhatsApp, follow these steps.
1. First, access your WhatsApp account. You can download the app from the Google Play store if you do not already have one. Then, click on Create an Account when the app is downloaded. Add your phone number and type in the code sent to your Android. You now have a WhatsApp account.
2. Once you are on WhatsApp, click on Chats at the bottom of the screen to the right if you are sending the video.
3. Tap on Send a Message and type in the number of the person you want to send it to.
4. Click on the camera button on your screen’s lower right side.
5. Your camera roll will now appear. Find the video you want to send and tap on it.
6. Once the video is loaded into WhatsApp, click Send, and your video will be sent.
7. If you are receiving the video through WhatsApp, click on Chats at the bottom of the screen to the right.
8. Now, you will see all of your messages. Find the person who is sending the video to you. It will be waiting in your messages if they have already sent it.
WhatsApp will keep the quality of the video, and you can save it to your Android if you are receiving the video. If you do not want to use WhatsApp, Google Photo Sharing is another great option. To use this app, follow these steps.
1. First, access your Google Photo account. You can download the app from the Google Play store if you do not already have one. Then, click on Create an Account when the app is downloaded. Add your Gmail and type in the code sent to your Gmail account. You now have a Google Photos account.
2. Once in your Google Photos app, go through your photos and videos until you find the video you want to send.
3. Click on the furthest left icon at the bottom of the screen.
4. This will make a sharing screen appear. At the bottom, you will see all your contacts with Google Photos. You can scroll through them until you find the person you need to send the video to, or you can type their name into the search bar.
5. When you find the contact, click on the large blue Send button. This will send them the video.
6. If you are receiving the video, when you open up Google Photos, you will see a notification above the Sharing button on the bottom right of your screen. Click on Sharing.
7. This will bring you to a page where you can watch the video sent to you and save it to your Google Photos account and your Android camera roll.
This is another excellent option to be able to share a video without losing any quality. If you do not want to use WhatsApp or Google Photo Sharing, you can use Send Anywhere, WeTransfer, Filemail, Superbeam, or any other apps you like that send high-quality videos.
Fix – Force Stop Message App
You can force stop your messaging app on your Android to fix the bug causing you to send or receive blurry videos. Doing this will prevent your device from sending or receiving any messages until you reopen the app. Follow these steps to force stop your messaging app.
1. Open up Settings on your Android and go to Apps.
2. Once in Apps, find your messaging app and click on it.
3. Now, tap on Force Close or Force Stop. This will force stop your messaging app.
4. Once you believe the bug is gone, reopen your messing app to see if the videos are no longer blurry.
Fix 2 – Force Restart Phone
Another way you can try and eliminate the bug causing the video to be blurry is to force restart your Android phone. While there are quite a few different models of Android phones, most of them have a power button.
If your Android does not have a power button, you must look up how to force restart it. All you need to do is search “How to Force Restart [your exact model of Android].” This will tell you exactly how to force restart your phone.
Once it is complete, see if this allows you to send or receive a video without it being blurry. If you have a home button, follow these steps to force restart your Android.
1. Grab your Android and hold down the Power and Volume Down buttons on your phone for thirty seconds. Hold them at the same time.
2. Your phone screen will turn black, and it should automatically power back on. If it stays black for a long time, hold down the Power and Volume Up buttons simultaneously for at least fifteen seconds or until your phone powers up.
Doing this will force restart your Android device. You will not lose any settings or have to do anything else. This is just like turning your phone off but taking it to a higher level.
When your Android is turned back on, see if the video you are sending to someone is no longer blurry or if the video you received is no longer blurry.
A force restart is a great way to get rid of any bugs affecting your Android and only takes a couple of minutes to complete.
Fix 3 – Update Phone
Another way to combat the bug in your Android causing any videos you send or receive is to update your phone. Android is constantly releasing new updates to fix any glitches in its system and offer its users new features to explore.
If your Android needs an update, this might be the solution to your video issues. To update your device, follow these steps.
1. First, grab your Android device and open up Settings.
2. Next, near the bottom of your screen, click on System.
3. Once you are in System, go to System Update.
4. You will now see the update status of your phone. If there is one, follow the steps on your Android to update your device.
5. Updates can take a couple of hours, sometimes, to finalize. Ensure you are connected to a stable internet connection and that your device is charging, which will help the update finish faster.
6. Once the update is complete, see if the video is viewable and no longer blurry.
While following these steps, you will also see an option to turn on automatic updates. You should select this option so you never encounter any issues in the future with your phone not being up to date.
Doing this will also make it so that your Android updates at a time when you rarely use it, such as overnight, so that you are not without access to your device when it is updating.
If there was no update when you went to check, then your issues with videos being blurry are not caused by a bug that can be overcome with an update. There is another reason why the videos are blurry.
Situation 2 – Videos In Your Gallery Are Blurry
If you notice that every single video you have in your gallery or camera roll is blurry, the cause is most likely due to your camera. Maybe you need to clean your camera, fix the camera, improve your lighting, or change your setting within your camera.
This can all be done relatively quickly and will enhance the quality of any video you take in the future. However, since the camera was not of the best quality when you recorded to video, fixing your camera will not restore already recorded videos.
All this will do is make sure you have a solid camera for any video you are to record in the future. You will have to rerecord videos you have already taken with your fixed lens for the video to no longer be blurry.
This may be a pain and even impossible in some instances, but it is the only way you will be able to alter the quality of videos you have already recorded.
1. Camera is Dirty
Fix – Clean Camera
If your camera is dirty, all you will need to do is clean off your camera. To do this, you will need a lens cleaning cloth and drops.
You will have to buy some if you do not already own some. You can purchase these items at a variety of stores if your want to shop in person. Head over to any store similar to Walmart, Best Buy, or Target.
Once you get there, go to the technology department and locate these items. If you are struggling to find them, ask the nearest worker to help you. They will show you where to find these items in their store.
You can also find them on Amazon, eBay, or any other online store and get them shipped to your house. You can also order ahead if you need to use your camera today but do not want to shop in person.
At these stores, you have the option to buy online but pick it up in person. Doing this is perfect if you want the camera cleaned today but do not want to spend time trying to find them in a story. You must go to the store’s website and click on Pick Up when ready to check out.
Once you have purchased your items online, drive to the store, and a worker will bring them to you. Picking them up will save you time, and you will get your camera clean the day you need it.
Once you have the cloth and drops in hand, drop some of the liquid onto the camera. Then, use the material to clean your camera lens. This will clean your camera so your videos are no longer blurry.
2. Camera Is Broken, or Dirt Has Got In
Fix – Repair the Camera
If your camera is completely broken and will not record videos that are not blurry, replacing your camera may be the only option. One way to get one is to reach out to Samsung directly and ask for a replacement camera or phone.
There is a chance that Samsung will offer to replace yours for free and send you your new camera or phone, but it can take up to a few weeks for them to hear about your problem and send you a new one.
You can buy one to get your new camera or phone much faster if you want to shop in person. Head over to any store similar to Walmart, Best Buy, or Target. Once you get there, go to the technology department and locate a new camera or phone.
If you are struggling to find one, ask the nearest worker to help you. They will show you where to find a new camera or phone in their store. You can also find one on Amazon, eBay, or any other online store and get it shipped to your house.
You can also order ahead if you need to use your camera today but do not want to shop in person. At these stores, you have the option to buy online but pick it up in person. Doing this is perfect if you want the camera today but do not want to spend time trying to find them in a story.
You must go to the store’s website and click on Pick Up when ready to check out. Once you have purchased your camera or phone online, drive to the store, and a worker will bring it out to you.
Picking them up will save you time, and you will get your camera the day you need it. If you only need to purchase a new camera and not a phone, you will need to look up how to replace the camera on your Android device. If you do not feel comfortable fixing it yourself, stores such as Best Buy can repair the camera for you.
You will have to pay for them to fix it.
3. Bad Lighting
Fix – Improve Lighting
The videos you are taking may also be blurry because of the lighting you are recording. Thankfully, there are many ways to fix the lighting that will allow you to record higher-quality videos.
1. The first thing you can try is Night Mode on your Android camera. To use this option, scroll at the bottom until you see Night when you open up your camera. This feature will enhance your recording when there is not a lot of natural or artificial light available.
Your camera will use a series of exposure levels to figure out which one works best for the setting you are in. You have to do nothing else except scroll over to Night mode when you are recording.
2. Another way to improve the lighting is by using artificial lighting. LED Panels are some of the highest-rated and most used types of artificial lighting.
You can purchase these panels at various stores that sell camera-related products, such as Best Buy, Target, Walmart, and other technology-based stores.
You can also purchase them online on Amazon and any of the mentioned stores. LED Panels greatly range in price, so you can find one that fits your budget.
3. You can try Manual Mode on your Android camera. To use this option, scroll at the bottom until you see Manual when you open up your camera.
This feature will enhance your recording as this mode uses three different settings to best pick up what you are trying to record.
4. Using a tripod is another excellent way to help change the lighting of your videos. Tripods will allow you to set your phone at different heights than you were able to do before.
You can purchase tripods at stores that sell camera-related products, such as Best Buy, Target, Walmart, and other technology-based stores. You can also purchase them online on Amazon and any of the mentioned stores.
Tripods greatly range in price, so you can find one that fits your budget. Using a tripod will let you find a height that works best with the lighting you are in, so you will no longer have blurry videos on your Android.
Trying any of these hacks to improve the lighting of your area and videos will eliminate the blur that keeps occurring when you record something.
Some of these options require you to purchase extra items, but some also allow you to change the settings you are recording with. Hopefully, you can find a fix that you like and let the videos you record in the future to be high-quality and no longer blurry.
4. Bad Camera Settings
Fix – Change Camera Settings
There are three main settings that your camera has that you can manually alter on your Android. These make up the exposure triangle and are ISO, aperture, and shutter speed. Figuring out which mode to set these three features on can be difficult and will take some trial and error to learn.
To change them, when you open up your camera, scroll at the bottom until you see Manual. Once there, you can alter the three of them however you want. You will need to take a few videos to learn how to set them.
Once you can figure out the setting you need, your videos will no longer be blurry, and you will be able to use your Android camera to record high-quality videos.