Have you ever found yourself just wanting to be alone and not having anyone or anything distracting you? Maybe you are a student that needs to focus on studying for a big test or some peace and quite while you write a paper. Maybe you just want to unplug and give yourself time to breathe.
No matter the case, alone time is extremely important. It gives you time to really think about what YOU want out of life, where you are at and where you want to be. Time alone can help you plan your next steps in life and to set goals for yourself aside from everyone and everything else.
The problem people face in this time in history is having so many distractions like social media, phones, videos and music a touch away, phone calls and texts, and so many more its unbelievable. This is a problem people didn’t use to face nearly as much before everyone had a phone everywhere, they went that’s connected to a constant flowing river of distractions.
There are ways to limit your distractions including blocking all incoming calls to your Android.
Block Incoming Calls on Your Android
1. First, open your Phone App on your Android, usually this is at the bottom of your Home screen, but if not, you can find it in your apps list
2. After the app is open, click on the Three Dots which will be in the top right corner of your screen or the bottom right corner
3. Tap the Settings tab, then Tap Call Settings
4. Now, tap on the SIM you want to block incoming calls from
5. Select the Call Barring tab and then check the box next to All incoming calls
6. It will ask for your Call Barring Password, enter it and tap OK
This is one way to do this on some Android devices. Here is a different way for those of you who weren’t able to use the method above.
1. First, open your Phone Settings. This is the Gear icon in your App Drawer. You can also swipe down from the top of your screen and tapping the Gear icon there
2. Next, you want to find the Sound and Vibration tab and tap it. it will be next to the speaker icon in this menu
3. Scroll down until you see the Do Not Disturb option, tap it, then toggle it to the ON position. This feature will mute all calls and notifications.
- You can customize what is allowed through when your Do Not Disturb is turned on.
- Tap Do Not Disturb and then find Allow Exceptions and tap it.
- This will show the options you have to allow who and what can reach you and how
1. You can also turn your Do Not Disturb on in your Quick Access menu
2. To do this, swipe down from the top of your screen with two fingers
3. This will display your Quick Access Icons
4. Swipe and search until you see the Do Not Disturb icon.
5. Tap the icon and this will activate your Do Not Disturb with the custom settings you have set, or the default settings if you chose not to customize what is allowed through
1. On your Google Pixel you will need to open your Settings menu first by tapping on the Gear icon in your App Drawer or by Swiping down from the top of your screen and tapping the Gear icon located there. If you have a different theme on your device your icons may look different
2. Now, tap the Sound tab which is next to the Speaker icon
3. Here you will find the Do Not Disturb tab, tap it. This should be under the sound bars and in the Sound Settings Menu
4. Next, scroll down to find the Turn on Now button at the bottom of the page. This should be a Blue button.
As with the Galaxy devices, the Pixel lets you customize your Do Not Disturb feature.
Just tap Calls and then tap Allow Calls to see the options that the Pixel has, such as, allowing calls from no numbers, allowing calls from contacts, starred contacts, or repeat calls
You can also allow messages, reminders, or events as well if you like
You can set how long your device stays in Do Not Disturb mode by tapping Duration and choosing your desired timeframe
You can also stop incoming calls by turning on your phones Airplane Mode. This will stop all calls, messages, and any data usage on your phone. This option completely shuts you off from the outside world and won’t allow any kind of communication and will not allow you to use any apps that require a connection to your network.
If you don’t need to block all incoming calls and you just want to block a single number from contacting you, you can do that too. To do this just tap on the number you want to block in your call log and then tap the info icon that looks like a lowercase I. At the bottom of your screen, you should see a Circle with a Slash through it that says Block. Tap it and then Confirm that you want to block that number.