Creating a great caption is an art form that we are all familiar with, and even though it may be frustrating, there’s an amazing feeling that you get when you find the right one.
You may include a pun, a well-known joke, or a snippet of the conversation that occurred before you captured that moment. If you go traveling, you will take tons of photos and post them with captions that you’ve thought long and hard about, and of course, making captions are easier when every moment if practically made for Instagram.
Whether the caption be a pun, a joke, or a quote, feel free to use any of the following captions for your New York City posts.
1. For your first picture taken in New York:
“Welcome to New York,
It’s been waitin’ for you.” – Taylor Swift in “Welcome to New York”
2. For any picture you took of your hotel room or any picture taken of yourself in the early morning:
“I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps.” – Frank Sinatra in “New York, New York”
3. For a picture of you and New York’s busy streets and beautiful buildings:
“These streets will make you feel brand new, big lights will inspire you. Let’s hear it for New York.” – Alicia Keys and Jay-Z in “Empire State of Mind”
4. For when you’ve taken a picture that made you feel empowered in New York:
“Go on and try to tear me down. I will be rising from the ground like a skyscraper.” — Demi Lovato, “Skyscraper”
5. For the fun moments that you captured on camera in New York:
“There is something in the New York air that makes sleep useless.” — Simone de Beauvoir
6. For any picture that you captured of the beautiful skyline:
“All of the lights.” — Kanye West, “All of the Lights”
7. For any picture taken in a big crowd:
“I went to New York City to be born again.”-Kurt Vonnegut
8. For any picture taken when your experience NYC culture:
“One belongs to New York instantly.” -Thomas Wolfe
9. For when you’re in NYC alone and ready for anything:
”I love New York on summer afternoons when everyone’s away.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
10. If you have a picture where you’re dressed for a night out, here’s the perfect caption:
“New York City, please go easy on me tonight” – Chainsmokers, New York City
11. For when you’re feeling a little coy or just looking good in NYC:
“Anything is possible. This is New York.”- Carrie Bradshaw from Sex and the City
12. For a perfect picture of the city from high heights:
“New York is not a city – it’s a world.” – Iman
Statements About NYC that Aren’t Quotes but Are Still Amazing
1. For a quick, spontaneous picture taken:
A New York minute.
2. For those happy moments and amazing experiences that you captured:
I fell in love. His name is New York.
3. When you’re leaving New York:
I left my heart in New York City.
4. This line would be great for pictures of you in a great crowd:
I want to live as many lives are there are in New York City.
5. Don’t sleep on the beauty of the residential areas of New York. Here’s a great caption for when you’re on a walk or in a park.
It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood.
6. For the moments spent in the streets of the city or on a park trail with a friend:
Make sure your path runs through New York.
7. This would be great for when you first arrived in New York and you’re ready for the Big Apple:
Meet me in New York.
8. For all the group photos that you’re going to take with your friends or family:
New York is always a good idea.
9. Who goes to New York and doesn’t go shopping. This one is for you and your shopping bags:
New York: Tolerant of your beliefs – judgmental of your shoes.
10. For when you’ve had a day of great experiences and captured a candid moment:
Once upon a time in New York…
When in New York…
11. When you want to be clever and offer your followers the secret to the universe:
London is a riddle, NYC is an explanation
For People Who Grew Up in NYC and are Returning
1. If you happen to be from the lower East Side:
“Everybody ought to have a lower East Side in their life.” — Irving Berlin
2. For the moments when you want everyone to know that New York is the only place to be:
“The true New Yorker secretly believes that people living anywhere else have to be, in some sense, kidding.” — John Updike
3. For those moments captured in the early morning before or during coffee:
“I wake up every morning and say to myself, ‘Well, I’m still in New York. Thank you, God.” ― Ed Koch
4. This would be great for moments captured while traveling or on a bridge:
“Sometimes, from beyond the skyscrapers, the cry of a tugboat finds you in your insomnia, and you remember that this desert of iron and cement is an island.” ― Albert Camus
5. Go to the Queensboro Bridge and use this one. Fitzgerald would appreciate it.
“The city seen from the Queensboro Bridge is always the city seen for the first time, in its first wild promise of all the mystery and beauty in the world.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
6. Capture a skyline photo or the night time lights and you’ve got yourself the perfect caption:
“New York is the only real city-city.” — Truman Capote
1. These would be great for a collage or videos of your New York activities:
A different kind of escape.
Adventures are the best way to learn.
2. For your cute airport or plane pictures:
Catch flights, not feelings.
3. For those restaurants that are only in New York:
Live like a local.
4. Consider these for nature pictures or museum visits:
Never lose your sense of wonder.
5. These would be the perfect captions for your night activities:
The sky’s the limit?
Wander lust and city dust.
6. For moments you’ve captured when New York was feeling like your forever home:
Not homesick yet.
It helps you find your true home.
7. Consider one of these for your last end of the trip moments captured:
Explore the beauty of the world, life is too short to not admire the wonders of this earth.
Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.
We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.
8. You can never have enough pictures of the New York City skyline. Can you?
Swapped skylines for stars.
9. Take a ferry to the Statue of Liberty and use this caption:
Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.
10. Visit one of the large libraries or a bookstore in New York and use this caption for any aesthetic book pictures:
The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.
11. For those moments captured when emotion took over:
Traveling tends to magnify all human emotions.
12. For those first steps onto the plane:
People don’t take trips, trips take people.
One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.
13. And for your final moments in New York:
Take only memories, leave only footprints.