Your anniversary with your significant other can be a big deal that you want to share with friends and family on your social media pages. Instagram is a great place to post your anniversary pictures of the trip or date night you had to celebrate. You don’t want to just post a photo and not say anything about it though.
Then nobody knows it was your special day. The only problem here is what should your caption be. After all, sometimes it’s hard figuring out what you want the caption to say on a post that means this much to you. So, to help out, here is a list of some of the best anniversary captions.
First Anniversary With Your Significant Other
1. The first of many years to come
2. One year down, forever to go
3. Thank you for 365 days of smiles
4. The luckiest year of my life
5. One year, 365 opportunities
6. One year ago, you kissed me goodnight for the first time
7. This year, I laughed harder, cried less, and smiled a lot more
Marriage Anniversary Captions
1. OMG, we’re still married?!
2. I might be crazy, but you married me
3. Who knew I’d like having you around so much
4. Today we celebrate the best decision you ever made
5. Happiness is nothing without someone to share it with
6. You survived another year with me!
Nobody But You
1. I had no idea how important you would become to me
2. You stole my heart, but I let you keep it
3. My favorite place to be is right next to you
4. Who knew, all the songs were about you?
5. I’m addicted to you
6. “In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine.” – Maya Angelou
1. You have made me a better person
2. Your beautiful heart turned my heart beautiful too
3. Change is good, especially when you learn to change together
4. I will always keep falling in love with you
5. “Become the kind of person the kind of person you would like to marry would like to marry.” – Douglas Wilson
Toast to the Future
1. “Grow old with me, the best is yet to be.” – Robert Browning
2. “I never want to stop making memories with you.” – Pierre Jeanty
3. “You are my today and all of my tomorrows.” – Leo Christopher
4. “Grow old with me; the best is yet to be.” – Robert Browning
5. “Real love stories never have endings.” – Richard Bach
6. We deserve a happy ending
7. Everything I have never done I want to do with you
8. I have you and that is all I need in life.
9. Forever sounds nice next to you.
10. I would say that I couldn’t love you anymore, but I know tomorrow will come
11. When our lips touch, I can taste the next sixty years of my life
Through Love’s Eyes
1. You make the good things in life even better
2. There are so many reasons to be happy in this world, but you are by far my favorite
3. A year is a blink in loves eyes
4. You are my best friend, my human diary, and my better half
5. “To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow – this is a human offering that can border on miraculous.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
6. So many of my smiles have started with you
7. Your smile kickstarts all of mine
Have Fun With It
1. “Marriage is a fine institution, but I’m not ready for an institution.” – Mae West
2. “Some people claim that marriage interferes with romance. There’s no doubt about it. Anytime you have a romance, your wife is bound to interfere.” – Groucho Marx
3. “Do you know what it means to come home at night to a woman who’ll give you a little love, a little affection, a little tenderness? It means you’re in the wrong house, that’s what it means.” – Henny Youngman
4. “An archaeologist is the best husband a woman can have. The older she gets, the more interested he is in her.” – Agatha Christie
5. “I am” is the shortest sentence in the English language. And “I do” is the longest.
6. “An archaeologist is the best husband a woman can have. The older she gets, the more interested he is in her.” — Agatha Christie
Putting in the Effort
1. “Marriage is a partnership, not a democracy.” – Nicholas Sparks
2. “To keep your marriage brimming, with love in the wedding cup, whenever you’re wrong, admit it; whenever you’re right, shut up.” – Ogden Nash
3. “When you give each other everything, it becomes an even trade. Each wins all.” – Lois McMaster Bujold
4. “Love seems the swiftest, but it is the slowest of all growths. No man or woman really knows what perfect love is until they have been married a quarter of a century.” – Mark Twain
1. We go together like spaghetti and meatballs
2. You are the salt to my pepper
3. You are the Chandler to my Monica
4. We go together like eggs and bacon
Love and Marriage Quotes
1. “You know it’s never fifty-fifty in a marriage. It’s always seventy-thirty, or sixty-forty. Someone falls in love first. Someone puts someone else up on a pedestal. Someone works very hard to keep things rolling smoothly; someone else sails along for the ride.” — Jodi Picoult
2. “To say that one waits a lifetime for his soulmate to come around is a paradox. People eventually get sick of waiting, take a chance on someone, and by the art of commitment become soulmates, which takes a lifetime to perfect.” — Criss Jami
3. “Sometimes I wonder if men and women really suit each other. Perhaps they should live next door and just visit now and then.” — Katharine Hepburn
4. “Let me not to the marriage of true minds admit impediments. Love is not love which alters when alteration finds, or bends with the remover to remove.” — William Shakespeare
5. “You can measure the happiness of a marriage by the number of scars that each partner carries on their tongues, earned from years of biting back angry words.” — Elizabeth Gilbert
6. “Stand together, yet not too near together: For the pillars of the temple stand apart, And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other’s shadow.” — Kahlil Gibran
7. “Tell him yes. Even if you are dying of fear, even if you are sorry later, because whatever you do, you will be sorry all the rest of your life if you say no.” — Gabriel García Márquez
8. “It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
9. “After all these years, I see that I was mistaken about Eve in the beginning; it is better to live outside the Garden with her than inside it without her.” — Mark Twain
All About Love
1. “For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” – Judy Garland
2. “Love one another but make not a bond of love: Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.” – Kahlil Gibran
3. Love’s about finding the one person who makes your heart complete.
4. The only way love can last a lifetime is if it’s unconditional.
Keep It Simple
1. You and I, Forever
2. Happy Anniversary
3. “If I know what love is, it is because of you.” – Herman Hesse
4. Love is perfect
5. The best is yet to come
6. I’ll never let you go
All of these examples are great for an anniversary post on Instagram. If you’re a man that can’t come up with the right words to say how you feel, or if you are a woman just looking for a special quote to show your significant other how much you love them, these quotes and sayings should really help in that effort.