Your profile picture could be failing to save. If you’re clicking the save button, and your profile picture won’t save, and it’s not working, it’s likely down to a bug in the app or BeReal Server’s being down. To fix this, you can look at the fixes below, or contact BeReal about the bug.
why Can’t I Change My BeReal Profile Picture
1. BeReal Is Down
Fix – Wait For BeReal To Go Back Up
BeReal, just like any other application on the main steam, is connected to a server that is constantly running. Sometimes, when an application or website isn’t working correctly, it is due to the server for that app or website currently being down.
That can be highly gut-wrenching to some users of the app. However, the only option to adhere to if this issue occurs is to wait for the server of the BeReal app to come back up.
Suppose there is an internal issue with the app, just like other applications such as BeReal; in that case, the app developers will notify consumers via email or text message, notifying them that there is an ongoing issue they are working hard to resolve.
2. There’s A Bug
People tend to let their applications run for an extended period without closing them out. And when you attempt to save a new profile picture BeReal and notice it’s not working, a bug may have invaded the premises.
A straightforward resolution for this issue is to log out of your BeReal app and log back in. There are other alternatives to resolve this issue, but let’s start with logging out and logging back in first.
Maybe that will fix the issue, and you won’t have to continue with the rest of the article.
Fix – Log Out Then Back In
Let’s say that you have been consistently logged into the BeReal app for an extremely long time and have remained logged in since you created the account. And when you try to save your profile picture, it doesn’t save at all. You may want to try to log out and then log back in.
To log out of BeReal, you must:
1. Open the BeReal app.
2. Tap on your Profile.
3. Navigate to the Settings toggle.
4. From Settings, scroll down until you see the option to Log Out highlighted in red.
5. Tap on the Log Out Option.
After you have logged out, log back in with your BeReal credentials. Once you are logged back in, attempt to save the profile picture again to see if it’s working
If you don’t get the error, signing out of the app then signing back in resolved the issue for you! However, if logging out didn’t help the problem, let’s review the next alternative.
Fix 2 – Update BeReal to Get Rid Of Bugs
If nothing else has worked, there is likely a bug. And sometimes that bug is there because there is an update available.
Performing an update on the BeReal app allows the application functionality to get back in motion. Updating your app also improves the app’s speed and will enable you to save your profile picture.
To update your BeReal app on your iOS device, you can follow these simple steps:
1. Open your app store.
2. Tap these search icon and search for the BeReal app.
3. Once you have located the BeReal app, it will show the application is installed. Once the application is installed, you will also be able to see if an update is available.
4. If you see a button that says update next to the title BeReal, go ahead and tap the update button, and the app will immediately update.
5. Once the BeReal app has officially updated, you can attempt to log back in if you have logged out and change your profile picture
Performing an update is a simple system reboot of the app. This will remove any bugs or internal issues with the application so you can continue enjoying its features.
If you are using an Android device, you can update the BeReal app by doing the following:
1. Open the Google Play Store
2. In the search bar, type in the search bar “BeReal” to locate the BeReal app in your stored apps.
3. Once you have located the BeReal app, underneath the application, you will see an option to uninstall or update.
4. Tap the Update option.
5. The app will automatically start to update.6
6. Once the app has updated, navigate back to the app on your home screen or your apps drawer and open the app.
After the app is opened, navigate back to your profile and attempt to change your profile picture. If it’s not working, then the update resolved the issue. That’s a relief!
If you have updated the app and you are still getting that aggravating error. Attempt the following method.
Fix 3 – Clear Your Cache
Another method to get rid of annoying bugs is to clear the cache of your BeReal app.
If you have been using your BeReal app consecutively without taking a breather and logging out of the app didn’t help, there can be a significant buildup of cache for that app, which means that it is time to clear that out.
To clear out your cache, you must do the following:
1. If you are using an Android device, go into your device settings and to apps; once your app’s window is open, locate the BeReal application.
2. Open the BeReal settings; from there, you will see options to force close, clear data, and clear cache. You will select the option to clear the cache. To be safe, once your cache is removed, it would be best to force close the app if the application was previously opened.
3. After the cache is cleared and the app was forced closed, reopen the BeReal app and attempt to upload a new profile picture.
4. Clearing your cache is a quick and simple fix for your BeReal application. Remember, a cache can build up like plaque.
So, be sure to “brush the teeth” of the app to keep the buildup to a minimum. If that didn’t resolve that disgusting problem, attempt the next alternative available in this article.
Fix 4 – Uninstall and Reinstall the App
You can uninstall the application from your Google Play Store or App Store on your iOS or Android device. Or you can uninstall the app from your device settings.
If you are using an Android device, you will most likely have access to the Google Play Store.
To uninstall the BeReal app, you will open the Google Play Store and locate the BeReal app under your installed applications.
1. Next to the BeReal app, you will see the option to uninstall it.
2. Tap the Uninstall button and allow the application to clear successfully from your device.
3. Once the BeReal app has been successfully uninstalled, reinstall the application by tapping the install button.
4. Once you install the app, it may take a moment for the application to install back to your device. Once the BeReal app is installed, you will open the app and log in with your credentials.
To uninstall the application from your device settings, you will go to your settings on your Android device and locate your apps section; once the apps section is open, scroll down until you see BeReal.
Tap on the BeReal app in your settings. Once the settings for BeReal are open, you will see the option to uninstall. You will tap uninstall from there. After uninstalling the app, you will go back into your Google Play Store and re-download the BeReal app.
You need to follow the same procedures for consumers using an iOS device, although you would not have the Google Play Store on your device.
You will need the App Store. So, you will go to the App Store to uninstall and re-download or reinstall the BeReal app on your iOS device.
If you are using an iOS device and want to uninstall the app without going to the App Store, you will press and hold the BeReal app until it starts to wiggle. From there, options will appear, and one of those options would be to uninstall the app.
You will tap uninstall. Once the application is successfully uninstalled, you would go back to your app store and re-download or reinstall the BeReal application on your device.
As for an iOS device, once the app is reinstalled, locate the app on your home screen or in your apps and open the open to log in. Attempt to change the profile picture and save to. If you are able to save it, the issue is a thing of the past!
If the problem continues, you may want to consider the next alternative.
Fix 5 – Contact BeReal Support
Contacting support is always useful if everything you have tried isn’t working and you are on the edge of snatching out your hair. So, before you drive yourself even more insane, reach out if you are in doubt.
To contact support through your app,
1. Open your BeReal app.
2. Go to your profile.
3. Open your Settings.
4. Select the Help option.
5. After tapping the Help option, tap on Contact Us.
6. From there, you will see different ways to reach out to BeReal support. You will have the option to Ask a Question, Report a Problem, Delete Account, etc.
7. You can select the Ask a Question tab, and you will be prompted to send an email to support via [email protected].
8. If you don’t have access to the app, on a PC, you can navigate to the URL bere.al. From here, scroll down until you see the Contact Us tab at the bottom of the screen. From here, you will be able to send an email directly from your email account.
If you are having an issue with saving new profile pictures, definitely reach out to support as soon as possible to ensure the issue is resolved promptly.
Fix 6 – Wait For Them To Come Out With A Fix
The last and omega fix can take a little time. That resolution is simply waiting for BeReal to be notified of the issue and developing a solution to send out to their users.
If you have an active email account set up for your account, BeReal will reach out to its’ consumers confirming they are aware of the issue that is persisting.
Sometimes, it could be because the app may release an update coming out soon. But most developers of apps would notify their consumers if there is a fix available. So be on standby!
3. Poor Internet Connection
If you run into any issues, such as not being able to save a pfp to BeReal, it is vital to check your internet connection. If you are using a Wi-Fi connection, try resetting your modem.
Before you reset the modem, log out of your BeReal account first. Once you are logged out, then proceed with resetting your modem. The reset process may take a couple of minutes.
After the modem is reset and you are connected to your device, log back into your BeReal account using your credentials and attempt to change your dp.
Fix – Turn Your WI-FI off, Then On
Sometimes, if you cannot save a profile picture, it could be due to an issue with the personal device you are using.
If you are connected to Wi-Fi, you need to disconnect from your Wi-Fi signal and reconnect again.
If you are using an Android device, to disconnect from your Wi-Fi signal, you must:
1. On your home screen, take your finger, scroll from the top, and pull down until you see a button bar at the top.
You will see buttons for your internet connection, data connection, Bluetooth connection, flashlight, rotation, etc.
2. If you are connected to Wi-Fi, the button for the Wi-Fi connection would be highlighted in a particular color showing that you are connected.
The Wi-Fi connection would be named or titled.
3. Tap on the Wi-Fi connection, and the button will no longer be highlighted. Once the highlight disappears, that is a sign that you are not connected to Wi-Fi.
4. Leave the connection off for about 3 to 5 minutes.
5. After 3 to 5 minutes have passed, tap the Wi-Fi button again so the button will highlight again, showing that you are now connected to the Wi-Fi signal.
If you are using an iOS device, to turn off your Wi-Fi connection, you must:
1. From your home screen, go to settings and then tap Wi-Fi.
2. If your Wi-Fi is turned on, tap it to disconnect the signal.
3. The Wi-Fi network would be named in your Wi-Fi settings.
4. Follow the same protocol for waiting 3 to 5 minutes before reconnecting the Wi-Fi signal and then reconnecting the signal once more.
5. Finally, log back in using your BeReal credentials if you are logged out of your BeReal account.
Fix 2 – Switch from WI-FI to Data
If you have turned off your Wi-Fi and switched it back on and there is still no progress, the next option would be to switch from your Wi-Fi signal to your data connection. This step allows you to consolidate the issue to see if the problem is your Wi-Fi connection.
If you are using an Android device, to switch to your data connection, you must:
1. First, log out of your account.
2. On your home screen, take your finger and swipe from the top of your screen, and pull down until you see buttons for your Wi-Fi, data, flashlight, etc.
3. If your Wi-Fi connection is highlighted, tap the Wi-Fi button so the highlight will disappear, and then tap your data button to switch on your data option.
For individuals using an iOS device, to switch on your data, you must:
1. From your home screen, navigate to your settings, then Wi-Fi. If your connection is available, tap the Wi-Fi switch to turn it off.
2. To turn on your data from your settings, if you are already in settings, go to cellular, then turn your cellular data on from that screen.
3. Once connected to your data service, go back to your BeReal app, open it, and log back in. Once logged back in, attempt to change your profile picture.
Fix 3 – Turn Off VPN
Depending on your phone’s manufacturer, you may see a toggle switch, in which case just toggle off the VPN, or if you are prompted with a disconnect button, disconnect the VPN using that button.
To disconnect the VPN for iOS users, you must:
1. First, log out of your BeReal account.
2. Tap the VPN slider near the top of the settings app to disconnect from the VPN. Another way to disconnect from the VPN and the settings you will go under settings, then tap General, and select VPN. To disconnect the VPN, tap the status option at the top of the page and then set it to the off position.
3. Once you have disconnected from your VPN on your Android or iOS device, this should allow both your Wi-Fi and cellular data to have a smoother functionality. In other words, disconnecting the VPN allows less interference when using your BeReal app.
4. After disconnecting the VPN, log back into your BeReal account using your credentials and navigate to your profile to attempt to save the new profile picture.
For any internet connection issues, if you are unaware of what to do, it’s essential to contact an internet technician or someone that is tech-savvy and knows their way around a computer system.
If you are proceeding to upload a profile picture and it won’t save, that can turn your smile upside down.
Although this can put a damper on your day, don’t let this issue bring clouds to rain on your parade. The tips and tricks mentioned in this article are designed to bury this problem once and for all.
If you aren’t able to upload a new pfp, you may have to wait for the issue to resolve itself, switch your internet connection from Wi-Fi to data (or vice versa), get rid of your VPN, or simply clear out your cache storage.
The good thing about this problem is that many reasons can contribute to it. And if there are many reasons, there are many resolutions.
You won’t be led astray when using these methods. The moment you experience the issue of your profile picture not working, it’s best to jump on resolving the issue with these tips ASAP. And you will be back to being beautiful with the BeReal app.
you’ll probably have to wait for them to fix the bug