There’s no doubt that Android provides users with top-notch customization options, and tools, that aren’t provided on Apple or Windows smartphones. However, there’s also no doubt that Android phones can sometimes be a little tricky to navigate.
The operating system has a learning curve, and the settings can be a bit difficult to manage. This doesn’t mean that the Android operating system is subpar, but rather that it has innovative tools that once you learn how to manage, will provide many benefits. A few users sometimes report that Android applications disappear from the device, even though they were never deleted. This can be quite a conundrum when you want to access a specific application on your device.
While there are many reasons why this problem can occur, the most common is that application has been hidden. Many users remain unaware of the fact that they have the option to hide applications. It’s possible you may have inadvertently hidden your application and that is why you’re now having trouble finding it. It’s also possible that the application has become disabled.
Whatever the case, this problem can usually be solved. There are a few troubleshooting methods you can follow in order to fix this problem. This will only require a few moments of your time, and is very easy to carry out. In order to get started and figure out how you can solve the disappearing application problem on your Android device, follow the instructions below.
Check App Drawer
App Drawer is the first place you should look if you notice an application has gone missing. The App drawer is a space that commonly appears on the middle of the screen on your Android device. Essentially, the App drawer is considered the gateway for all the applications on your device. In order to see if your application is in the Application drawer, follow the instructions below.
1. Tap on the App drawer in order to see all the applications installed on your device.
2. Scroll down through the applications from your App drawer in order to search for the application that went missing from your Home screen.
3. After you locate the missing application, press and hold on the application icon in order to be navigated back to the Home screen.
4. Feel free to drop the application icon anywhere on the Home screen, as you see fit. You also have the option to swipe left or right in order to place the application icon on another page.
It’s as simple as that. You’ve located the missing application on your Android device and have rerouted it back to your Home screen. Since the Application drawer shows all the applications installed on your device you’re certainly going to find your “missing” application there.
Long Press on the Home Screen
This is another easy method you can carry out. This will only take a few minutes of your time. This method can be carried out easily by new users as well. In order to get started and locate your missing application icon, follow the instructions below.
1. Long press on your Home screen, where there is no application icon present.
2. You’ll notice that when you touch and hold an empty space, a pop-up screen will appear. On this pop-up screen you’ll see many options such as Solo actions, Apps, Folder, Shortcuts, Widgets and Wallpapers. Choose the Apps option.
3. Choose the application that went missing.
4. Hold and drag the application icon back to the Home screen.
5. Feel free to place the application icon where ever you would like. You can always change the location later on, depending on your needs.
You’re all done. The application that was missing on your Android device, has reappeared on your Home screen. You can easily use this method or the method above anytime you notice an application has gone missing. Both methods accomplish the same task, so it doesn’t matter which method you choose.
Feel free to choose the method which is most suitable to you. As previously stated, you have the option to customize the look of your Home screen. You can move around application icons as you see fit. You even have the option to the move these icons to separate pages.
In order to change the page, all you need to do is swipe left or right while holding an application icon. Feel free to choose a layout that is suitable to you. You can change this at any time you would like. As you can see, Android is not that confusing. This system actually provides its users with many benefits. If you ever want to hide an application on your Android device, you now know that you have that option. Just don’t forget that you hid it.