Typing in a complete website address in iPhone’ Safari every time you want to access a website is frustrating. In today’s world, everyone’s eager to do things with just a single tap or click. Although it is just a matter of seconds, yet no one has time (or at least they pretend) to open Safari, type the web address, and avoid typos just to access a webpage. Things would’ve been completely different had there been a shortcut for that, weren’t they?
Well, Apple takes every opportunity to make lives easier for its users. It is not much of a hassle, but yet, users will gladly take any sort of ease over hassle any day. One way to get rid of this frustration is to create a link of any website (ones you access frequently) on the home screen of your iPhone.
iPhone allows you to add a link of websites on your home screen which cut short the long procedure of opening the browser and typing in the web address just to a single tap.
As said earlier, this shortcut can come handy for the websites that you visit frequently, or the ones that do not have any application for them. The ultimate goal of technological improvements is to save time (even nanoseconds matter), and Apple is doing its best to make it happen. Mentioned below is a step-by-step guide on how you can create a link on the home screen of your iPhone.
1. The first step is to open the Safari browser on your iPhone. Usually, it is located at the bottom of your screen, tap on it to open it.
2. Now tap on the search bar of Safari, that is where you type in URLs. It is located at the top of the browser’ screen.
3. Type In the web address for which you want to add a link on your home screen. Press Go once you have typed.
4. Tap on the option Share. Its icon is the box with an upward-facing arrow. You will be able to locate it at the bottom of your screen.
5. Upon tapping this icon, a menu will appear on the screen.
6. Scroll to the right side of your screen; do it by swiping towards the left of your screen. Locate the option Add to Home and tap on it.
7. If you wish to give a specific name to your shortcut of the web address then you can do it by tapping the X icon located at the right side of the name field at the top of the screen.
8. Finally, tap on the option Add located at the top-right of your screen.
This method will create a shortcut for the given website on your home screen. A saved link’s icon resembles an app cube, and you can delete these shortcuts the same way you delete apps. This method works on iPod Touch and iPad as well.