Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat have their fair share of popularity but Facebook remains as the most popular social media platform by quite some margin. There is already a lot on offer on this brilliant social media service, and it keeps on adding more. Creating events on Facebook isn’t its latest feature, but it has become fairly useful of late.
Creating events for concerts, sports, exhibitions and whatnot provide a great marketing opportunity to the organizers. Interested public can then seek details and even buy online tickets through them. iPhones, prior to iOS 11, provided an easy pathway to sync your Facebook events with the Calendar app. Now, you can still do it, but not with that much ease.
Well, it is not too much of a work, but still, iPhone or iPad users would have preferred the old method. Since that old syncing method doesn’t exist anymore, you will need to learn and comprehend the new method. Have a look at it for yourself.
Through Facebook App:
Facebook app is a hugely popular iOS app and almost all iPhone/iPad user access Facebook through it. So, if you also access Facebook via the app, here is what you need to do:
1. Open the Facebook app on your mobile.
2. Sign-in if you aren’t already.
3. Tap on the Menu button; they are the three lines at the bottom right of the app.
4. Upon tapping, you will see a list of different options. Locate the option Events and tap on it.
5. Tap on the event you want to sync with the calendar app.
6. Now tap on the three dots (another menu button) located across the name of the event.
7. You will again see a list of options. Locate the option Export to Calendar and tap on it.
8. You will see a pop-up asking your confirmation. Simply tap on the option OK on that pop-up.
9. You can not add multiple events in one go, but you can add multiple events one-by-one by repeating the same method.
Only iPad users enjoy accessing Facebook via the web (mainly due to the large screen), but some iPhone users also access Facebook through the web too. In any case, syncing the Facebook Event to iPhone’ Calendar is quite similar to how you do it on the app. Here are the steps.
1. Launch the browser (Safari recommended) on your iPhone/iPad.
2. Go to www.facebook.com and hit go.
3. Provide your login details to sign in.
4. Tap at the Menu Button (three lines) at the top right of your screen.
5. Locate the option Events on it.
6. Now tap on the Event you want to sync with your iPhone/iPad’ Calendar.
7. Hit the Share Button on Safari and next tap the option Request the Desktop Site.
8. Now on the Events Page, you will see a message “You can add your events to Microsoft Outlook, Google Calendar or Apple Calendar.” It will be located at the bottom-right of the screen.
9. Below that, there will be two options Upcoming Events and Birthdays.
10. Tap on the option Upcoming Events. Doing this will prompt a new window with a message This Website is trying to show you a calendar invite. Do you want to allow this?
11. Tap on the option Allow and then select the event (s) you want to sync with the Calendar.
12. Visit your Calendar after a 5-10 minutes gap, and you will see the Facebook events synched to it.
These are the two ways through which you can add Facebook events to your iPhone Calendar. Since both these methods are straightforward, it is a rarity that they would create any problem for the user. However, if they do, then the users need to logout, restart their device, and then repeat the same process.
Conclusively, it is much better to use the Facebook app for syncing events to the calendar. As you may have learnt that Facebook app provides quick steps while the web method is a tad longer. If events do not get sync via the Facebook app then you may have to shut down the app and launch it again. Also, uninstalling and reinstalling can be helpful if troubleshooting is required.