If you don’t like the ringtones that come with your Android phone, you can add custom mp3 ringtones for free without having to pay a subscription to any service.
If you already have the audio file, you can add it to the Ringtones folder and set it as your phone’s ringtone using an app.
Another way you can create ringtones and add them to your Android phone is by pasting downloaded music from your PC to your phone’s storage.
Uploading Music from PC
1. Get the Music file ready on your PC. If you want to download music to your PC, you’ll need to either convert a YouTube video to an mp3 audio file or you’ll need to download the audio file off the web. If you’ve already If you’ve already downloaded music to your phone, you’ll be able to find this in the downloaded area of your PC.
- Connect your Android phone to your PC using a USB cable.
- Open your phone’s storage in your PCs devices. If you’re on Windows, you need to go to File Explorer and click This PC. If you’re on Mac, open the Finder and under Devices on the left, you’ll see your phone’s storage.
- Open your Android phones Ringtone folder. This is found at /media/audio/ringtones/ in your phone’s storage. If you don’t have a Ringtones folder, go to /media/audio/ and right-click on a black space > Create new > Folder.
- Copy the mp3 music file into the Ringtones folder. You can right-click on the audio file and click copy, then go to the ringtones folder, right-click and select Paste. Or, you can drag the music file from one window to the ringtones folder in another Window.
- Disconnect your USB from your Phone and PC.
- Open the Settings app on your phone and click Sound.
- Click Ringtone and select the ringtone you added.
Make Ringtone using an App
- Go to Google Play Store and download Ringtone Maker. This app is free, and it’s the best app you can use if you want to create and add ringtones to your Android.
- Download an audio mp3 file and save it in your phones music folder. You can convert a YouTube video to mp3, and it will download to your music app.
- Open the Ringtone Maker. From here, a list of all your audio files will appear. If you can find the audio, you can select browse in the upper right corner.
- Click the menu on the right of the file and click Edit.
- Trim the track and turn it into a ringtone by dragging the slider. Drag the slider to the main part of the audio file and choose the duration of the track (30 seconds is a good time).
- Click the Save icon at the top and name the ringtone. In the Save As section, choose Ringtone. If you did save your sounds somewhere else, you could select this option in the Type field.
- Go to Settings > Sound.
- Click Ringtone and select the ringtone you want to set.