Roku users can rejoice knowing Showtime Anytime is available on their Roku device, if they buy it. It’s a bit of an arduous process, but, with a little patience, you can activate Showtime Anytime on your Roku.
1. Setting Up Roku on your Tv
What You’ll Need Beforehand
- A computer with a network connection, for activation purposes.
- A television with an HDMI port. You can’t use a Roku Player or a Roku Stick on a television that doesn’t have an HDMI port.
- A Roku Player or Roku Stick. Both need connected to an HDMI port.
- Necessary cords, like an HDMI cable if one isn’t provided for your Roku Player. The Roku Stick is equipped with an HDMI connector; an HDMI cable isn’t necessary.
Using a Roku Stick
1. Plug the Roku Stick’s HDMI connector into an HDMI port, of your choice, on your tv. It doesn’t matter which HDMI port it is, as long as it isn’t occupied by another HDMI cable. Memorize the HDMI port you plugged the Roku Stick into. It’s needed for later steps.
2. Attach the Roku Stick’s power cable into the Roku Stick and the end into an outlet. If your power cable just so happens to be a USB cable, then either plug the USB cable into your television, or use a USB charging block.
3. Turn your TV on. With your remote, locate and press either ‘Input’ or ‘Video’ or ‘Source.’ With the directional keys on your remote, select the HDMI slot your Roku Stick is currently occupying.
Using a Roku Player
1. Plug one end of the HDMI cable into your Roku Player. Either end is okay to use because they’re ends are identical.
2. Plug the other end into your television’s HDMI port, of your choice. It doesn’t matter which HDMI port you use as long as it isn’t occupied by another HDMI cable. Memorize the HDMI port you plugged your Roku Player into. It’s needed for later steps.
3. Turn your TV on. With your remote, locate and press either ‘Input’ or ‘Video’ or ‘Source.’ With the directional keys on your remote, select the HDMI slot your Roku Player is currently occupying.
2. Getting Started with Roku
These steps apply to both Roku Stick and Roku Player.
1. Once Roku has been fired up, select a language. Use your remote to navigate.
2. Connect your Roku device to a network connection.
- If you’re using a Roku Stick, you’ll need a Wi-Fi network connection.
- If you’re using a Roku Player, you’ll can use Wi-Fi or an Ethernet cable for a network connection.
3. If this is your first time using a Roku device, then it will probably need an update. Let it update before continuing.
4. Choose your display type. You can have Roku automatically decide for you or, if you’re using a Roku Player, it will automatically decide anyways.
5. Select ‘Check Remote Settings.’ Doing so will give you the ability to alter your television settings, like volume, with your Roku remote. You can skip if you don’t want to.
6. Roku will present you with an activation code. Write it down immediately before continuing.
7. Head to Roku’s website with the link they provided on screen. Here’s where you’ll need a computer with a network connection. Follow the instructions, with the code you just wrote down, to complete the setup.
8. Enter the code and click ‘Submit.’
9. Create a Roku account. You’ll also need a payment method at the ready. You won’t be charge immediately, but if you want Showtime Anytime, a payment method is needed to buy subscriptions.
10. Complete the setup and you’re finished. You can move onto activating Showtime Anytime.
3. Activating Showtime Anytime
1. Open the home screen by hitting the ‘Home’ button.
2. Highlight ‘Streaming Channels,’ and select it.
3. Use the ‘Search Channels’ function to locate ‘Showtime Anytime.’
4. Order Showtime Anytime by hitting ‘Activate.’
5. Choose between your television or your streaming video provider. Roku will provide you with a code.
6. Use your computer to head over to Showtime. Use the code that was given to you to complete the activation.
7. You’ll be asked to provide your login information. Once you’ve logged in, choose your service provider again.
8. Your activation code will be verified and, if it was done so successfully, ‘Success’ will appear. That confirms that Showtime Anytime has been successfully added to your account.